The Nordic Center welcomes Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, families, and other groups. We offer a 10% discount on ski and snowshoe rentals, trail passes, and/or lessons for groups of 10 or more individuals. Group equipment forms and payment must be received at least 72 hours before your visit for all groups requesting a discount.
Group reservations are not taken online. Please download the Group Information below and contact us or call us at 928-220-0550 schedule your group’s visit.
Flagstaff Nordic Center can accommodate a limited number of people at once. To ensure availability, please schedule your groups outing early in the season.
School Group Rates
Flagstaff Nordic Center is pleased to offer special pricing for school groups. Whether it’s a day of fitness and fun or a curriculum based program, getting out on the snow can teach your students a healthy lifestyle as well as science, weather, geology and more. It is our hope that this discount program will make it possible for schools to introduce their students to the healthy winter sports of snowshoeing and Nordic skiing.
All school groups will be met by a group coordinator to help your students get geared up and get on the snow. All of your equipment will be ready and our coordinator will help your group get into skis or snowshoes as well as go over trail etiquette. We’ll also give your group some tips and tricks to get them skiing or snowshoeing and enjoying the sport in no time.
All participants in school groups also get a delicious cup of hot cocoa at the end of your Winter Adventure!!
The following rates are for school and educational groups for Monday through Friday only. Payment and equipment reservations are required at least 72 hours in advance. Flagstaff Nordic Center can only handle so many groups at a time so please plan your trip early in the school year. Prices are extended to all members of the group, including parents and chaperons.
- Junior Discovery (Play) – $1.00 (This option is for Kindergartners and below that will not be skiing or snowshoeing. Students can measure snow, practice packing snow under different conditions and just play! Introduce your students to winter activities and show them that there is learning in every activity at an early age.)
- Kindergarten through 2nd Grade – $5.00
- Elementary School, 3rd–5th – $10.00
- Middle and High School, 6th–12th – $15.00
Here are a few tips for planning your school group ski or snowshoe adventure:
- Plan early. We can only accommodate a certain number of groups. Booking early in the school year gives your group the best chance of getting a date with the likelihood of snow.
- Be prepared for flexibility. Here in the desert Southwest weather and snow conditions can vary greatly. Even in the middle of winter, warm temperatures can keep us closed. In the event of cancellations every attempt will be made to reschedule your group. Booking early in the school year is the best way to ensure a date with a better chance of good snow conditions.
- All deposits and monies paid will be refunded in the event of a cancellation by Flagstaff Nordic Center because of snow conditions.
- Cancellations made by the school group must be received at least 72 hours in advance.
- Group Adventure Form (PDF – 577 kb)
- Group Winter Camping Form (PDF – 433 kb)
- Group Equipment Form (PDF – 188 kb)